Monday, March 21, 2011

Weekend Happenings

We had another fun filled busy busy weekend!! But before I get to the details of that, I thought I would start off by sharing another Crate paper layout. I have started going through some old photos of my kids and am trying to scrap some of them to include in their albums. If not, they may think their life didn't start until I started scrapping....hmm.



Quite by accident I ordered these Kaiser frames twice --- guess I should pay more attention to my supplies. It worked out b/c I really wanted two identical frames on this layout. At first I thought I would include a poem or something in the second frame but after working with this one, I opted to leave it empty. What do you think? DH doesn't know it yet but I will have him write a litle note to DD to include in the kraft envelope. It will be a nice little surprise for her as she flips through her album after she is grown.



On to our weekend.........we had sports after sports. Two of the three had baseball practice, one had a friend's swim party, everyone had Sunday school, and DD had a soccer game. Since DH couldn't be at two places at once (baseball & soccer), I made sure to take my camera. DD had a spectacular game. She was aggressive and really kept her head in the game. I have yet to edit the photos but I thought I would share a couple of my faves. I know my mom likes to lurk to see what is going on up here (you know mom, you are welcome to comment :) )



She also got to try out being goalie. She must have stopped at least a dozen goal attempts --- one did finally make it past her but 1 of 13 isn't so bad!



DS and I decided to get a little creative in the kitchen --- we had a hankering for something sweet but didn't feel like cookies or cake. So, we thought we just use what we had on hand and figure it out as we went along. Voila, our very own Krispie Butterfinger Pie (not the best picture but with my stomach growling, I wasn't about to waste time trying to get a magazine worthy shot).



What is it? Graham Cracker Crust layered with crushed Butterfinger Bars, Rice Krispie treats, peanut butter, chocolate syrup and peanut butter chips. Top it with a dollop of whip cream and it is heaven on earth! YUM!!

3 comments:

Michelle Krassan said...

A busy, busy weekend indeed! But I have a question? Why didn't you call me over for a piece of that pie?

Awesome sports photos btw. Getting some fabulous practice with that!

BabyBokChoy said...

must you have more photos that make me talk about your lens? LOL. Cute cute layout! love those kaiser frames!

lbowa said...

Since I'm always a little behind checking out these posts here is the note from DH to DD for the envelope that I haven't been asked to write yet.

May the good Lord be with you
Down every road you roam
And may sunshine and happiness
surround you when you're far from home
And may you grow to be proud
Dignified and true
And do unto others
As you'd have done to you
Be courageous and be brave
And in my heart you'll always stay
Forever Young

May good fortune be with you
May your guiding light be strong
Build a stairway to heaven
with a prince or a vagabond

And may you never love in vain
and in my heart you will remain
Forever Young

And when you finally fly away
I'll be hoping that I served you well
For all the wisdom of a lifetime
No one can ever tell

But whatever road you choose
I'm right behind you, win or lose
Forever Young

Love,
Daddy