Friday, February 4, 2011

Times Change

Have you ever just stopped for a moment and thought about all that has changed since you were a child? The price of gasoline has sky rocketed, televisions now hang on walls and range in size from a small box of raisins to the size of a car, information is availalbe to us at a moments notice with the stroke of a few keys....it is truly amazing! I am only 30 something and I am awestruck with the rate of technological change we experience every day.

All of this really came to light for me in November when we were in Disney. We were walking around Epot and my children came across the red telephone booths in England. "Mom, what is this?" they asked. It had never dawned on me that they hadn't ever seen a telephone booth....when is the last time you saw an actual telephone booth?? Even when I see a pay phone, it isn't in a booth these days.

About a month after we returned, Midnight Rooster released a scrapbooking kit with a telephone booth stamp. With only a little bit of begging, my good friend Jing-Jing sent me the stamp for this layout. It was too perfect not to use with these pictures.



It may have taken a few minutes to grasp the concept of a telephone booth but a few weeks later, we walked into the Apple store for the first time. In under a second, DS understood more about his new iTouch than I know about the phone I have had for over a year! Aaah, am I getting old or have times really changed? Unfortunately, it is a little of both!

4 comments:

Michelle Krassan said...

Now THIS is perfect.

BabyBokChoy said...

yeah baby, that stamp is totally too perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mara Campbell said...

Fun fun layout!!! That stamp works perfectly!

Elizabeth said...

I love your layout!!!! All the elements go so well with your photo!!!! Too cute!
Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by my blog!
e.