Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Life and Drama

It has has been a crazy few days in the Greenspun household! We have had our share of tears and laughter, happiness and excitement, surprises and well....life in general. Let's start with some of the happiness --

My youngest turned 5 1/2 yesterday. 5 1/2 you say? Nothing special, right? Except that it is a big deal. For the first time ever, dd got to celebrate her 1/2 birthday since she is in kindergarten and has a summer birthday. It was HER special day at school. Then, we decided to surprise her too...we celebrated at home with HALF of a birthday cake and a HALF wrapped present. :) She LOVED being the center of attention! She was a little disappointed with her present as it wasn't an iTouch but she'll get over it.



Now for the rest of the emotional rollercoaster ride....the kids had their first experience with death. Sadly, they lost one of their pet hamsters over the weekend. I think it had something to do with being dropped from 4 feet in the air days before but I think I'll keep that to myself. Middle daughter was beside herself. She LOVES her pets -- animals in general really. Seek will be sadly missed. So, as a "pick-me-up" we went and picked out our goldfish that were won at the school fair. It took the kids' minds off of the hamster for oh, say, a day.......goldie #1 left us a few days after arriving. Note to self: never try to replace a hamster with an animal with an even shorter life expectancy! I should know better, seriously, how long did I think that fish would last?! So, more tears were shed.

Plans for this weekend --- replace hamster AND fish.

----------------------------------------------------

Now on to my weekend happiness --- with no work on Monday, I did a quick run over to Michael's. There was a 25% off entire purchase coupon in honor of our Presidents --- think any were scrappers?!?! Well, I certainly couldn't let the coupon go to waste so I ran over and grabbed the Martha Stewart Double Border Punch. And with that, I came home and immediately went to work.

I don't know what made me think to use red and yellow on a holiday layout but I think it works. I had these scraps of OA Homemaker paper sitting on my desk left over from a previous layout and couldn't bear to part with them. Glad I put them to good use.



Don't you just love that punch?? I can tell I am going to get a lot of use out of that one!! Of course, as I got about 1/2 way finsihed with the holiday layout, I realized it was looking awfully familiar....a lot like this layout that I created and shared with you a few months back.



Apparantly I must really like this style :O)

4 comments:

BabyBokChoy said...

Cuteness redefined, both layouts are so awesome!!!! and happy birthday to the little one!

Kim said...

that is way too fab Aubree how cool do those strips look, fab fab

Mara Campbell said...

I like that layout design! Looks great with the punches, super cute. And happy half birthday to your little one!!

We have a hamster and my kids are very attached to it. It's almost 2 years old and probably getting close to it's lifespan. I am dreading the day that we lose it. :-( Sorry your kids had to go through that.

Rebecca Keppel said...

Sorry to hear about the hamster and THEN the fish. Love the layouts--the border punched strips are so cool!