Saturday, July 12, 2008

Hooked

We had a fabulous time fishing!!! While we didn't catch anything big enough to keep, we managed to hook 7 sand sharks, 3 flounders, and a bait fish. The sharks were very fun to catch. They tended to fight a little more than the flounders. My son even caught two sharks at once!! It was very cool and he was more than excited.

We did find out early that my son has my husband's stomach. He did not fare well out on the waves of the ocean but was fine once we took him back into the bay where the water was calm. At least I know he won't be growing up and joining the navy or running off to join a fishing expedition!

Regardless we really had a wonderful time. It was really one of the first times I have seen my son really being a boy! He was all about catching the minnows and baiting the hook, seeing the blood and guts of the bait fish, he didn't even hesitate to pick up the fish head! I am so glad we could do this together....I know it will be a memory I cherish forever!

4 comments:

jan williams said...

OMG What a fun filled day you guys had!!! Those pictures ROCK!!!!

Unknown said...

There's a tear in my eye lookin' at your pictures. What a fabulous memory you made with Noah today, girl. Even if he got a little queasy from the rockin' boat .. you can see he's having the time of his life with those fish!

And ... SHUT UP!! You can catch SHARKS?? SERIOUSLY?? That would freak me out!! Oh sure ... they're small ... but ... ew. They're SHARKS!!!

Looks like the almost PERFECT day, Aubree! Your pictures are awesome! Thanks for sharing them with us!

Anonymous said...

Can I just reiterate how TOTALLY jealous I am of Niagra, seriously- seeing your amazing pictures just makes me that much greener! Looks like you had a wonderful time- I'm thrilled for you!

Patti Smith said...

Awesome pics Aubree....I know you had a ball and what wonderful memories....that is so important....