Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Horsin' Around

Months ago I picked up these wooden fences knowing exactly what I planned to do with them.....it took until last week for me to put those ideas into action. I took the plunge and bought last month's Studio Calico kit. I loved the green, turquoise, and yellow color scheme and thought they would be perfect for these horseback riding pictures from this past summer.

My aunt has a stable and is happy to have my kids over to ride when we are in town. Of course we only "get over" to ride once a year since she lives 6 hours away! Even if only once year, it is something my kids look forward to!! They start asking about the horses as soon as they hear we are heading for a visit.



The blue Sass letters aren't the perfect shade but I am ok with that. I couldn't find anything in my stash that matched and was the font/size that I was looking for. But, I love the Sass button flowers -- they are awesome with the decorative stringing!!

This week I have been busy creating layouts with the upcoming February Trio kit from 3 Scrappy Boys. It is SO AMAZING!! It may be my favorite kits yet!! There are so many gorgeous papers and the embellishments, wow, amazing!! I will be back in a couple of days with some sneaks....start saving now b/c you will need every one of this month's kits!!

3 comments:

Rebecca Keppel said...

I LOOOOOVE that layout. The wooden fences, the manilla tags and the lasso hanging on the fence--brilliant!!

BabyBokChoy said...

very good!!! very good!!!

Kim said...

OH delish, I totally love that fence and the simplictic design