Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Sept 15th Reveal

Since it is SKETCHABILITIES one year b-day celebration, I thought it only befitting to produce a birthday layout for the reveal. Of course, it was my daughter's 5th birthday a few weeks ago so that helped get me in the spirit and gave me ample opportunity to get some good b-day shots.





I had a good time making this one. I used a lot of random papers and stickers that I had lying around. The candles were made by rolling up some scraps of paper into which I placed some twine for the wick. I debated on using real candles but was concerned the wax would mess up the page protector. Besides, these paper candles were much more fun to make. I also loved that the Bo Bunny background paper already had numbers running across the top and bottom so I could highlight that this was S's 5th Bday (yes, my baby is 5 already, where did the time go??!?).

6 comments:

BabyBokChoy said...

This page is out of CONTROL amazing!!!!!

Brittney said...

Those candles are awesome. Did you make them? Fabulous!

Unknown said...

I love the way you bracketed the 5 and the banner, and the colors, I love it.

Unknown said...

so cute!!! love the little candles :-)

Lynn said...

I love your take on the sketch! Those candles you made are amazing and loved how you used the Bo Bunny paper!

Giuly said...

love this LO!!! very very very nice!!!
saved for a scraplift!!