Saturday, September 4, 2010

91/100

As you may know, my scrapbooking goal for the summer was to complete 100 pages between Memorial Day and Labor Day. It was a lofty goal, I admit, but one that I had no problems achieving last summer. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I will quite make it this year. I stand at 91/100 and technically speaking, a number of those 91 are not really layouts, rather crafty projects. #91 is this duvet cover that I made for my son. He wanted a baseball cover but we had yet to find anything in the stores that we were happy with...so instead I went in search of fabric and my good friend Cheryl was kind enough to share instructions. It was very simple to make -- it took me more time running to the store for the heavy duty snaps and then back again for the attaching tool than it did to actually sew it all together (although I did have to piece together the fabric since it was only 44 in wide and I needed it to be 78 in wide).



Looks nice doesn't it? Too bad I didn't make my son clean his room before I took the picture!!

Don't forget to stop back in a few days for the beginning of the Sketchabilities Celebration!!! (see post below for details)

4 comments:

BabyBokChoy said...

boo, hiss!!! FAILED at your goal!!! ROTFLMAO. ALL this time I told you that NO way I could do it and you wouldn't believe me, you and Blondie!!! UGH UGH UGH!!! I'm actually QUITE surprised that you didn't make it, what is going on?? Are we getting old?? I swear I scrapped so much more this summer than last year and I'm 30 some layouts "short" ... hmm... something ain't adding up!

Mrs. J said...

Awesome duvet cover! I love the fabric too!

Unknown said...

OMG. You sew, too? Unbelieveable! Great lookin' duvet cover, girl!

Sorry to hear you didn't quite reach your lofty goal of 100 pages. I think that's crazy anyway. But, 91 projects is an incredible number. The way I'm looking at it ... if you were 30 layouts 'short' like someone else we know ... you wouldn't want to set this goal again NEXT year! But, you were SO close that next summer you'll look back and say .."Yeah. I CAN do it this time!" and try again!

Kudos to you for even TRYING! Seriously ... I can't begin to fathom producing THAT many layouts in a summer!

Perficious Eats said...

91 projects??? I think I completed a grand total of...8? I have no idea how many I finished, but I sure know that it wasn't anywhere near 91. So, congratulations! And the duvet cover is fabulous!