Friday, March 20, 2009

Searching for a Miracle Cure

We are now at Day 5. My middle daughter has been home with a fever since 2:30 on Monday afternoon. She has been to see the doctor. There is nothing "wrong" with her, just a fever virus. Just enough so she is a bit cranky. However, not so easy to deal with extended sickness when both my husband and I work. Luckily, I can now work from home periodically so I have done so for 1 full and 2 half days this week. We were really hoping she would be fine this morning. Her mood had improved significantly yesterday and she didn't have a fever most of the day. This morning, the fever had returned. To make matters worse, the other two kids woke up hot this morning as well. Not that I didn't expect that but it still sucks. We are looking at sickness through Wednesday of next week. Will it ever end???

I have our babysitter with them today. I was already at work by the time the kids awoke. We are so blessed to have Melissa. She is a godsend!! She has been able to stay with Hannah this week when I needed to be in the office. It'll cost me a small fortune but at least we'll still be able to take a vacation with my days that I didn't have to use to cover at home. I wish I could be home with them through every illness but it just isn't feasible, especially when they never get sick at the same time but tend to drag it out as long as possible.

Is it summer yet?? No one really gets sick in the summer, right??

1 comment:

Mrs. J said...

Hope the little one is feeling better by now. Sounded like not so much fun...