Do you know what makes me truly realize that the holiday season is upon us? It isn't the passing of Thanksgiving, or the gift displays in shop windows, it is the beginning of the Christmas specials on each evening. ABC started it off right this year with the showing of The Grinch Who Stole Christmas last night. The kids and I, well at least two of the kids and I, curled up in bed last night to watch it together. It is so nice that they enjoy watching the same exact cartoon that I enjoyed watching as a kid....none of the fancy high def or 3D technology, just a good old fashioned Christmas cartoon.

Now I can begin seaching the tv listing and rearranging our schedules to be sure we are home to watch Frosty the Snowman, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, and all of my other faves. There is nothing better than cuddling with the kids, sharing my childhood memories....hard to believe it was so many years ago and now I am a mother with 3 children of my own.
1 comment:
That version of the Grinch is my favorite holiday movie, too!
Post a Comment