Saturday, November 14, 2009

Hockey Mom

I have always pictured myself as a soccer mom or a baseball mom. I have imagined myself cheering on my son as he ran down the field to shoot the winning goal or threw the final pitch of a big game. Never did I see myself cheering on my son as he checked another guy into the boards. That just wasn't in my cards. Yet, after watching my son play ice hockey today, I guess being a hockey mom wouldn't be so bad. At this age, they aren't allowed to check anyone so I have a little time to acclimate to this hockey mom stuff....he sure does make a cute hockey player. He is always thinking ahead and getting into position to protect the puck and guard against the other team scoring. He tends to lean toward defense even when pushed to play offense. But today, he came this close () to scoring his first goal after having blocked at least two direct shots from the other team.

I couldn't help but post a couple of pixs from today's game...especially for my family that reads this blog. Enjoy.