Sunday, January 4, 2009

What a Workout

Hannah takes ice skating lessons once a week. It is an hour long with the first half being free skate. I go out and skate with her for that first 30 minutes. I try to get her to practice the skills the are learning in class. I am not a great skater myself but I can keep up with her at least.

Noah is in a hockey program as well. He does skills & drills followed by a cross ice game. He is ok but struggled to keep his ankles straight. A few weeks ago he got orthotics and therefore needed new skates. OMG what a difference the combination of those two things made!!

To test out his new skates prior to his next hockey session, I took the two kids to public skating yesterday. WOW -- what a workout!! I was racing Noah around the ice and he was kicking my ass!! SO SO fast compared to what he was doing only a few weeks ago. I was literally sweating at the end (about an hour). Let's see how he does in the league now!!

I wasn't planning to do any real "get in shape" resolutions this year b/c I know I don't ever keep them but after yesterday, maybe I will! I am even a little sore today!

No comments: